| Cambridge, UK | Business Analysis
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our fast growing, enthusiastic tech team. The role requires someone who is able to liaise directly with prospects or customers, analyse often complex business systems and then to make recommendations that will meet client needs, often against a budget.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with clients of all sizes - from ambitious start-ups, all the way to established industrial businesses - in order to understand their business process and system requirements. As part of the process you will work with our in-house team of talented software developers to document the requirements through wireframe and technical specifications.
The role offers you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of software delivery and helping our customers develop new innovative products and solve real-world operational challenges. This ranges from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support. There is certainly no typical product and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects - covering everything from agriculture to construction.
Here is a guide to the kind of work you will be doing:
- Facilitate the discovery of client business processes;
- Understand business priorities and needs;
- Consult and research appropriate solutions to client needs;
- Document recommendation through user story and wireframes;
- Liaise with our internal team to provide implementation and test plans;
As Cambridge Kinetics is a young company you'll also have plenty of opportunity to have a real influence on the way we do things. You'll have a unique opportunity to shape your own role as well our products, services and culture from the very beginning.
Who we are seeking
To help, here’s a summary of the skills we are looking for:
- Experience of CRMs, ERPs, MRPs or other enterprise software systems;
- An interest and awareness of business processes;
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be quick to absorb and learn new processes and approaches;
- Initiative and self-confidence.
- Experience in optimising business processes;
- An understanding of the benefits of various software tools in business;
- Experience of management systems such as the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards;
- Data analysis expertise;
- Presentation skills;
- Experience in writing user stories;
- Experience in the software industry;
Who we are
Cambridge Kinetics was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. We provide our clients with bespoke, custom software solutions - focusing on user experience, design and performance. In particular, we forge long-standing partnerships with our clients - and provide them with tangible business results.
We provide our team the flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work, to get the best of both worlds.
We have offices in St John's Innovation Centre and you will be required to be in the office at least twice a week, and be willing to occasionally travel to client sites.
We offer a salary dependent upon your experience. Additionally we offer Vitality health cover, free lunches in the office and holiday entitlement well above statutory minimum, among other benefits.
How to apply
If you think you are a good fit for the role, the company, for our clients and our products, then drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about yourself and a CV. If you’ve got a LinkedIn profile you should include that too.
Likewise, if you have any questions at all about the role or the team, just drop us an email at the same address, and we’ll be sure to get in touch.
Hybrid (in person and remote)
Competitive (based on experience)
23 September 2022