Lead Software Engineer
| Cambridge, UK | Software Engineering
We are seeking an experienced, full-time full-stack software engineer to join our growing team. The role will involve producing high quality code for Cambridge Kinetics clients and for our own SaaS products. This involves setting our technical approach and direction on client projects, and helping to lead our team with best practises and coding standards.
This is an exciting time to be joining our company. As part of a fast-growing start-up, this role will give you the power to have a real influence on shaping the future of our technology stack, engineering practises and strategic direction – ensuring we put user experience and software quality at the heart of everything we do.
You will be joining a young and dynamic company with a growing client base, alongside a friendly, supportive, and energetic UK based team.
Who we are seeking
We are looking for people that share our vision for high quality code delivered in a highly professional and caring way. We’re keen to see applications from talented candidates that want to be involved with an innovative and thriving start-up business.
To help, here’s a summary of who we are looking for:
- Experience with version control, unit testing, continuous integration and code quality tools;
- Experience with database technology, architecture and solutions (NoSQL and/or SQL);
- Experience with serverless technologies and configuring production server environments (such as AWS Lambdas, Azure Functions);
- Experience of producing client-facing applications and an awareness of the UX and UI challenges involved;
- Self-motivated, and able to co-ordinate efforts and work within a small team on short and demanding projects with strict attention to detail;
- Knowledge of C#, .NET 6.0+, ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Core;
- Knowledge of iOS and Android app development, including React Native;
- Experience of project planning, scheduling and/or scoping;
- An ability to ask questions to understand requirements ahead of implementation;
- Experience working in an agile development team;
- Knowledge of security best practises, and experience of ISO 27001 would be an advantage;
- Experience in working remotely from home.
Company and Projects
Cambridge Kinetics was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. We provide our clients with bespoke, custom software solutions - focusing on user experience, design and performance. In particular, we forge long-standing partnerships with our clients - and provide them with tangible business results.
There is certainly no typical project and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects - covering everything from agriculture to construction. As a valued part of the design and development team, you will be encouraged to be involved in all aspects from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support.
We provide our team the flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work, to get the best of both worlds.
We have offices in St John's Innovation Centre and you will be required to be in the office at least twice a week, and be willing to occasionally travel to client sites.
We offer a salary dependent upon your experience. Additionally we offer Vitality health cover, free lunches in the office and holiday entitlement well above statutory minimum, among other benefits.
How to apply
If you think you are a good fit for the role, the company, for our clients and our products, then drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about yourself and a CV. If you’ve got a GitHub or LinkedIn profile you should include that too.
Hybrid (in person and remote)
Competitive (based on experience)
19 January 2023