Lead Product Designer
| Cambridge, UK | Design
We are looking for someone with expertise in UI design, UX design, and ideally front-end web development to join our growing company and lead our product design efforts. The role requires a natural understanding of design for various platforms and the ability to come up with elegant solutions to improve software applications.
You will be joining a young and dynamic company with a growing client base, alongside a friendly, supportive, and energetic UK based team. You will be trusted with real responsibility and projects from day one, allowing you to gain experience working across industries on valuable and impactful software projects.
This is an exciting time to be joining our company. As part of a fast-growing start-up, this role will give you the power to have a real influence on shaping the future of our technology stack, engineering practises and strategic direction – ensuring we put user experience and software quality at the heart of everything we do.
Your role will involve:
- Contributing to the overall product and design direction of the whole company
- Coming up with features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality
- Creating high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Working closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Developing our internal design system and branding
- Defining our best-in-class software design and development processes
Who we are seeking
We are looking for people that share our passion for high quality digital product design, delivered in a highly professional and caring way. We’re keen to see applications from talented candidates with current portfolio that want to be involved with an innovative and thriving start-up business.
To help, here’s a summary of who we are looking for:
- Passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to UX, UI and interaction challenges
- Experience of producing client-facing applications and an awareness of the UX and UI challenges involved;
- Experience using tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar to create wireframes, graphics, design systems, and other visuals;
- Ability to create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and illustrations);
- Evidence of a problem-solving mindset and ability to think through complex interaction design;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS with ability to turn designs into working code;
- Experience of projects where you have had a client-facing role;
- An ability to ask questions to understand requirements ahead of implementation;
- Experience working in an agile development team;
- Experience in working remotely from home.
Company and Projects
Cambridge Kinetics was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. We provide our clients with bespoke, custom software solutions - focusing on user experience, design and performance. In particular, we forge long-standing partnerships with our clients - and provide them with tangible business results.
There is certainly no typical project and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects - from augmented reality, to CRM, to enterprise systems. As a valued part of the design and development team, you will be encouraged to be involved in all aspects from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support.
We provide our team the flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work, to get the best of both worlds.
We have offices in St John's Innovation Centre and you will be required to be in the office at least twice a week.
We offer a salary dependent upon your experience. Additionally we offer BUPA health cover, a flexible day-to-day commitment and holiday entitlement well above statutory minimum.
We expect all applicants to be legally authorised for employment in the United Kingdom and not to require employer-sponsored work authorisation now or in the future.
How to apply
If you think you are a good fit for the role, the company, for our clients and our products, then drop us an email to email@example.com with a bit about yourself and a CV. If you’ve got a GitHub or LinkedIn profile you should include that too.
Hybrid (in person and remote)
Competitive (based on experience)
June 17, 2022